The Aims of SYCL
1. To help local communities and clubs improve how they live and where they live.
2. To focus on your local news, events, places and nature.
3. To get your information on-line easily in seconds. No waiting for a website provider!
4. To link communities in as many countries as possible. For a list of languages see here
5. To be run low cost, non-profit and not by governments.
See what East Stoke said:
"The Parish Council have liked the simple format which is easy to update. You do not have to be a whizz at IT to produce this website as anyone who operates their own Facebook account would have enough skills to do this."
And what a Minister said too:
"The Naturalliance and SYCL initiatives are a great way to build capacity for localism. I hope that in time they will encourage people to report changes in their local habitats and wildlife. This will give local authorities and central Government more information about the changes to our natural environment."
Who manages SYCL?
SYCL is run by two British organisations:
The Game and Wildlife Conservation Trust
and Anatrack Ltd
Management is aided by
European Sustainable Use Group,
as a support measure for the
International Union for Conservation of Nature.